COVID-19 UPDATE: Delta Variant in All 50 States; 103 Delta Variant Cases in Illinois; Zero Kane Cases But 1 Death Wednesday
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
4:15PM WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30
OVERVIEW: Delta Variant Detected in All 50 States; CDC Says 2 Doses Needed For Better Immune Response
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said via Twitter that one dose of an mRNA #COVID19 vaccine may offer some protection, but two doses are needed for a better immune response. “Get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you can. If you get an mRNA vaccine, be sure to get both doses,” officials said. More: bit.ly/3btJaFU.
In most of Latin America and the Caribbean the end to the coronavirus pandemic “remains a distant future,” the Pan American Health Organization said today.
KANE COUNTY: NO New Cases; 1 Kane COVID-19 Death Wednesday
It seems almost too good to be true, but the Illinois Department of Public Health today reported no new COVID-19 cases in Kane County. This would have to be confirmed, but that might be the first time the county has recorded zero cases since the early days of the pandemic.
Sadly, however, Kane County did tally an additional COVID-19-related death, according to IDPH data.
The totals are 59,547 cases and 811 deaths since the pandemic began.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate stayed at 1.4%.
According to the IDPH COVID-19 Vaccination Data page, 251,915 Kane County residents are fully vaccinated, accounting for 47.16% of the population.
ILLINOIS: 258 New Cases, 8 Deaths Reported Statewide on Wednesday; 103 Cases of Delta Variant So Far
There are 103 cases of the Delta variant confirmed in Illinois, according to the IDPH Variants of Concern page.
Statewide, 259 new cases and eight deaths were reported today.
There are 6,164,779 fully vaccinated Illinoisans, which is 48.39% of the population.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.