- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED!
8PM SUNDAY, JUNE 20, 2021
According to USA Today, less than 1% of Africa’s population is fully vaccinated, and the continent is seeing a surge of cases, according to the WHO.
Meanwhile, Arizona is seeking a spike in cases while some parts of Africa are seeing a “full-blown third wave.”
There is no new data posted on the Illinois Department of Public Health website, so tune in tomorrow (Monday, June 21, 2021) for more information.
3:15PM FRIDAY, JUNE 18, 2021
OVERVIEW: Delta Variant Is in Illinois, Likely To Become Dominant Strain
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Rochelle Walensky said Friday that the Delta variant, first found in India, is likely to become the dominant strain in the U.S., while the Illinois Department of Public Health announced this week that there have been 64 cases here in Illinois.
The B.1.1.7 (Alpha), B.1.351 (Beta), P.1 (Gamma), B.1.427 (Epsilon), B.1.429 (Epsilon), and B.1.617.2 (Delta) variants circulating in the United States are classified as variants of concern.
Kane County Connects could not find any online data regarding the number of Delta variant cases here.
KANE COUNTY: 3 New Cases, 1 Death Friday
There were just three new COVID-19 cases reported in Kane County today, but sadly, there also was one additional death.
The totals to date of 59,419 positive cases in Kane County and 807 deaths since the pandemic began.
According to the IDPH, Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate has dropped to 1.5%.
The IDPH reports that 240,278 Kane County residents are fully vaccinated, accounting for 44.98% of the population.
There have been 498,933 vaccine doses administered in Kane County to date.
About 85.77% of Kane residents age 65 and older and 59.37% of residents age 16 to 64 have had at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
ILLINOIS: 928 New Cases, 65 Deaths Since Monday; Test Positivity Under 1% Statewide
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 928 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 65 additional deaths since reporting on Monday, June 14, 2021.
About 70% of Illinois adults have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose and over 53% of Illinois adults are fully vaccinated, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,388,688 cases, including 23,133 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years.
Since reporting on Monday, June 14, 2021, laboratories have reported 171,685 specimens for a total of 25,357,568. As of last night, 492 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 123 patients were in the ICU and 69 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from June 11-17, 2021 is 0.6%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from June 11-17, 2021 is 0.8%.
A total of 12,158,530 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight.
The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 42,153 doses. Since reporting on Monday, June 14, 2021, 211,440 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org