COVID-19 KANE COUNTY: 19 New Cases; 1 Death Wednesday; Nearly 40% of Kane Residents Fully Vaccinated
- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED!
3:15PM WEDNESDAY, JUNE 2
19 New Cases;1 Death Wednesday; Nearly 40% of Kane Residents Fully Vaccinated
Kane County suffered another COVID-19-related death today, a sad note as the number of new cases and test positivity rate continues to drop.
The single death, according to an Illinois Department of Public Health news release, is a man in his 80s.
The county recorded 19 new cases of coronavirus disease today.
The Kane County totals to date are 59,215 positive cases and 795 deaths since the IDPH began reporting COVID data.
Kane County’s seven-day test-positivity rate continues to drop and is now at 2.3%. For the past several weeks, Kane’s test positivity rate has been significantly higher than the state as a whole. It is closing that gap, as the statewide test positivity rate stands at 1.8%.
The daily numbers of new vaccinations is going down countywide, as well. The seven-day rolling average is 1,781. Kane County health officials are continuing to offer vaccination appointments at four vax hubs, but walk-ins are allowed for any person 12 years or older, and the county is expanding vaccination to mobile and local clinics in an effort to encourage vaccination for those who have not yet had a shot.
As of today, 462,095 vaccinations have been administered to Kane County residents. The IDPH reports that 212,480 Kane County residents are fully vaccinated, accounting for 39.77% of the population.
According to the IDPH, 86.29% of Kane residents age 65 and older and 57.17% of residents age 16 to 64 have received at least one dose of vaccine.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org