COVID-19 ILLINOIS: 674 New Cases, 24 Deaths; COVID Up Past 2 Days But Down Overall; 51% Adults Fully Vaccinated
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 vaccine allotments page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED!
3:30PM THURSDAY, MAY 3
674 New Cases, 24 Deaths; COVID Up Past 2 Days But Down Overall; 51% Adults Fully Vaccinated
COVID-19 continues its downward trend week over week, although today’s totals are higher than the previous two weekdays following the Memorial Day weekend.
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 674 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 24 additional deaths.
- Adams County: 1 male 80s
- Cook County: 1 male 30s, 1 female 50s, 2 males 50s, 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s
- DeWitt County: 1 male 60s
- Douglas County: 1 male 80s
- DuPage County: 1 female 90s
- Franklin County: 1 female 90s
- Jersey County: 1 female 70s
- Kane County: 1 male 30s
- Kendall County: 1 female 70s
- Lee County: 1 male 60s
- Livingston County: 1 male 70s
- McLean County: 1 female 90s
- Peoria County: 1 female 30s
- Rock Island County: 1 female 80s
- Tazewell County; 1 male 70s
- Vermilion County: 1 male 70s
- Will County: 1 male 80s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 70s
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,383,739 cases, including 22,865 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 55,432 specimens for a total of 24,731,489.
As of last night, 997 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 273 patients were in the ICU and 154 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from May 27-June 2 is 1.5%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from May 27-June 2 is 1.7%.
If you have any doubts about the local effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccine, look at the seven-day test positivity rate for Kane-DuPage Region 8. In just the past week the rate has been cut in half, from 4.4% a week ago to 2.2% today.
More than 67% of Illinois adults have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose and nearly 51% of Illinois adults are fully vaccinated, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
A total of 11,374,677 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 37,328 doses. Yesterday, 36,372 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for a death previously reported has changed, therefore, today’s numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Vaccinated, Get a Free Drink
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org