- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED!
7PM UPDATE — TUESDAY, MAY 11, 2021
69 New Cases, No Deaths; County Will Start Vaccinating 12- To 15-Year-Olds on Thursday
Kane County Board Chairman Corinne Pierog said at today’s (Tuesday, May 11, 2021) County Board meeting that Kane County adolescents age 12 to 15 will begin getting vaccinations on Thursday.
“This is a huge effort,” she said. “(State officials have) encouraged us to reach out to citizens and encourage everyone to get a vaccine.”
- Click here to read the Kane County Health Department news release on the opening of vaccine to 12 to 15-year-olds.
The Food and Drug Administration on Monday made the announcement that the Pfizer vaccine had been approved for emergency use for adolescents in that 12- to 15-year-old group.
As of 3:57 p.m. today, the Illinois Department of Public Health had not issued a news release regarding the vaccination rollout for persons in that age group.
The IDPH reported 69 new Kane County COVID-19 cases today and no new deaths. In fact, the total number of Kane County deaths went down by one — to 769.
It is not unusual for the IDPH to make adjustments in data totals. In fact, its news release today said, “Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases, and deaths can change as additional information is gathered.”
The total number of cases to date in Kane County is 58,192.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate dropped again, this time to 5.4%.
There have now been 404,102 COVID-19 vaccine shots put in arms of Kane County residents.
According to the IDPH, Kane County is now the fourth-most-vaccinated county in Illinois, with 84.13% of residents age 65 and older and 51.81% of residents age 16 to 64 getting at least one shot.
Kane Vax Hubs Will Open For 12- To 15-Year-Olds Thursday
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact th