- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
8:20PM SUNDAY, MAY 2
187 New Cases, 4 Deaths Over The Weekend
Kane County recorded 187 new cases and four COVID-19-related deaths over the weekend.
The totals to date are 57,368 positive cases and 766 deaths related to the virus since the pandemic began.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate is 6.9% — still much higher than the state of Illinois seven-day rate.
Kane County’s seven-day average of COVID-19 vaccine doses is down to 3,577 after being as high as 5,681.
There have been 367,691 vaccine doses administered in Kane County to date.
According to the Illinois Department of Public Health, 80.90% of Kane residents age 65 and older and 44.40% of residents age 16 to 64 have had at least one dose of vaccine.
5PM FRIDAY, APRIL 30
110 New Cases; Another Death Is Woman in 40s; Kane County on State Warning List
Kane County is back on the state of Illinois’ warning list for COVID-19 risk levels.
The data for the Illinois Department of Public Health’s County Level COVID-19 Risk Metrics page is updated on Fridays, but the data usually lags behind some of the other IDPH data reporting. Today’s update is for Week 16, which ran from April 18 to April 24.
During Week 16, Kane County was at warning levels in the categories of New Cases Per 100,000 and Number of Deaths.
Kane County had 176 cases per 100,000 population; the benchmark is 50 cases per 100,000. The county recorded eight deaths during Week 14, but that was enough to be an increase over Week 13, and so triggered the warning level.
According to the coronavirus.illinois.gov page, Kane County recorded 110 new cases and one new death today. The death is a woman in her 40s, according to an IDPH news release.
Totals to date are 57,181 positive cases and 762 deaths in Kane County since the pandemic began.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate remains at 6.9%. That’s lower than in previous weeks but still much higher than the statewide rate of 4.0%.
Daily vaccinations continue to fall countywide. The county is averaging 4,169 new doses per day for the past seven days.
Kane County remains one of the most-vaccinated counties in the state, with 80.67% of residents age 65 and older and 43.80% of residents age 16 to 64 having had at least one dose.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us