COVID-19 KANE COUNTY: 118 New Cases, 1 Death; Kane Gets Zero 1st Doses But 30,000+ 2nd Doses This Week
- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED!
3PM MONDAY, MAY 3
118 New Cases, 1 Death; Kane Gets Zero 1st Doses But 30,000+ 2nd Doses This Week
Kane County recorded 118 new COVID-19 cases and one death today, according to data posted by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
The death was a man in his 70s, according to an IDPH news release.
The totals are 57,486 positive cases and 767 deaths attributed to coronavirus in Kane County since the IDPH began recording data.
Kane County’s seven-day test-positivity rate dropped to 6.6%, a welcomed sign. The statewide seven-day rate is 4.0%.
Kane County’s COVID-19 vaccine allocation this week was unusual compared to previous weeks, with zero new first doses allocated but 30,940 second doses allocated.
To date, there have been 368,347 doses of vaccine administered in Kane County, according to the IDPH.
So far, 80.93% of Kane County residents age 65 and older and 44.52% of residents age 16 to 64 have had at least one dose of vaccine.
The IDPH reports that 153,259 Kane County residents are fully vaccinated.
Kane County’s seven-day rolling average of vaccinations per day continues to drop. It is at 3,287 as of today. It had reached a high of 5,689 on April 17.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us