COVID-19 ILLINOIS: 2,049 New Cases, 28 Deaths; Pritzker Says State on Track To Loosen More Restrictions Next Week
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 vaccine allotments page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED!
2:30PM MONDAY, MAY 3
2,049 New Cases, 28 Deaths; Pritzker Says State on Track To Loosen More Restrictions Next Week
Gov. JB Pritzker said in a news conference today that Illinois is on track to loosen more pandemic mitigation restrictions next week, according to the Chicago Tribune and other media sources.
“It looks to me, if you look at all the hospital admissions data, like we’re in decent shape and moving exactly as I would hope we would for the bridge phase,” Pritzker said at an appearance in Chicago. “I believe it may be next week.”
The one category that is still trending in the wrong direction is Hospitalized Patients With COVID-19. See the graphic above for more information.
The state had announced a Bridge To Phase 5 plan in mid-March, but that initiative got pushed back by s surge in cases and test positivity rates.
Meanwhile, the Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 2,049 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 28 additional deaths.
- Cook County: 1 female 50s, 2 female 60s, 2 males 60s, 4 females 70s, 1 male 70s, 4 males 80s, 1 female 90s, 2 males 90s
- DuPage County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s
- Kane County: 1 male 70s
- Knox County: 1 male 80s
- Lake County: 1 male 80s
- Mason County: 1 male 30s, 1 female 60s
- Peoria County: 1 male 60s, 2 females 70s, 1 male 90s
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,341,777 cases, including 22,047 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 49,473 specimens for a total of 22,872,035. As of last night, 1,963 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 479 patients were in the ICU and 249 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from April 26-May 2 is 3.4%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from April 26-May 2, 2021 is 4.0%.
The seven-day test positivity rate for Kane-DuPage Region 8 is down to 5.2%.
Weekend Vaccination Total Likely Low
The total number of COVID-19 vaccine doses for Illinois is 11,802,395. A total of 9,410,057 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 78,440 doses. Yesterday, 16,920 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
Data from this weekend from several pharmacies (Walgreens, Albertsons, CVS) is not yet available so the doses administered yesterday are likely to be low. The missing doses from this weekend will be reflected in numbers in the next couple days.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Need more local help finding vaccine options? Call 2-1-1!