- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 vaccine allotments page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED!
3:30PM TUESDAY, MAY 11
1,562 New COVID-19 Cases, 26 Deaths as State Passes 10 Million Vaccine Doses Administered
It was another record-setting day for the state of Illinois in its battle to end the COVID-19 virus — primarily on the vaccine front.
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 1,562 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 26 additional deaths.
- Cook County: 1 female 30s, 1 male 30s, 1 female 40s, 1 female 50s, 1 male 50s, 4 females 60s, 2 males 60s, 1 female 70s, 3 males 70s, 2 females 80s, 1 male 80s
- DuPage County: 1 female 80s
- Knox County: 1 male 80s
- Lake County: 1 male 50s, 1 female 80s
- Moultrie County: 1 female 70s, 1 female 90s
- Rock Island County: 1 female 90s, 1 male 90s
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,357,953 cases, including 22,261 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 46,334 specimens for a total of 23,435,198.
As of last night, 1,930 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 489 patients were in the ICU and 261 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from May 4-10, 2021 is 2.8%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from May 4-10, 2021 is 3.3%.
The seven-day test positivity rate for Region 8 (Kane and DuPage Counties) is down to 4.4%.
A total of 10,037,624 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight.
The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 83,887 doses. Yesterday, 58,709 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
Statewide, 80.71% of residents age 65 and older and 51.35% of residents age 16 to 64 have had at least one shot of vaccine.
The FDA on Monday said it has OK’d vaccinations for adolescents age 12 to 16. The state has not yet issued a news release regarding upcoming programs to provide vaccinations for that demographic, but Kane County Board Chair Corinne Pierog said at today’s County Board meeting that vaccination efforts for that age group would start on Thursday.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
State Will Vaccinate at Businesses
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us