- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
3:30PM WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6
160 New Cases, Kane County Reaches 7.6% Test Positivity Rate
At the risk of sounding repetitive, Kane County is seeing an unusual surge in the COVID-19 pandemic, and the local numbers are not getting a lot of attention.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rolling average is now 7.6%, according to data posted by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Health officials continue to remind us to keep our distance, wear masks and avoid large gatherings, but the fanfare of vaccine rollouts is perhaps drowning out the message that lives can be saved if people pay attention and heed the warning signs.
Kane County today added 160 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total to 53,792 since the pandemic began.
There were no new COVID-19-related deaths for the ninth straight day, leaving the total at 745. Historically, deaths follow two or three weeks after rises in infection rates and hospitalizations.
Hospitalizations for Region 8 (Kane and DuPage counties) continue to rise, reaching about 135 in seven-day rolling average, according to the IDPH’s COVID-19 Patients in the Hospital graphic.
The number of doses administered is now up to 245,447 in Kane County. According to the IDPH, 74.47% of residents age 65 and older and 28.77% of residents ages 16 to 64 have had at least one shot of vaccine.
Kane Opens Vax Hub in Elgin
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us