- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
11:30PM SUNDAY, APRIL 18
287 New Cases, 1 Death Over Weekend; County Passes 300,000 Doses Administered
Kane County recorded 287 new cases and one additional death over the weekend, according to data posted on the Illinois Department of Public Health website.
That brings the totals to 55,578 positive cases and 753 deaths related to COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate is still high compared to the rest of the state, but it dropped a bit in the past two days and remains at 8.2%.
Kane County blew past another vaccination milestone over the weekend, recording 13,332 vaccination doses administered in two days, bringing the total to 310,765 doses to date.
According to the IDPH, 78.08% of Kane County residents age 65 and older and 37.52% of residents age 16-64 have had at least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccine.
4:15PM FRIDAY, APRIL 16
203 Cases, 2 Deaths Friday; Kane Makes ‘Top 10’ List of Most-Vaccinated Counties in Illinois
Kane County is among the top 10 counties in terms of percentage of the population that has had at least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccine, according to data posted by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Early in the vaccination process, Kane County was near the bottom of the “Jurisdiction-Specific Age Demographics” chart posted on the COVID-19 Vaccination Data page of the IDPH website. Kane is now 10th from the top. Kendall County is in the top position.
Sadly, on the same day, Kane County recorded 203 new cases and two additional deaths.
The two deaths are a man in his 70s and a woman in her 90s, according to an IDPH news release issued today.
The totals for Kane County to date are 55,291 positive cases and 752 deaths cause by the coronavirus.
Kane County’s vaccination totals increased by 7,143 since yesterday, bringing the total number of administered doses to 297,433.
According to the IDPH website, 77.27% of Kane County residents age 65 or older and 35.41% of Kane residents age 16 to 64 have had at least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccine.
The IDPH reports that 21.97% of the Kane County population has been fully vaccinated.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us