COVID-19 KANE COUNTY: 165 New Cases, 7.4% Test Positivity Rate as COVID-19 Infections Continue To Rise Locally
- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
4:15PM TUESDAY, APRIL 6
165 New Cases, 7.4% Test Positivity Rate as COVID-19 Numbers Continue To Rise Locally
Kane County saw another 162 new COVID-19 cases today, as the seven-day test positivity rate climbed to 7.4%.
There were no additional deaths reported today in Kane County, which means the county has seen eight straight days without a COVID-19-related death.
The Kane County totals to date are 53,632 confirmed cases and 745 deaths related to the virus since the pandemic began.
There have now been 739,519 COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in Kane County, and 73.82% of Kane County residents age 65 and older have had at least one shot.
According to the Illinois Department of Public Health, the federal government has “effectively ended” its Pharmacy Partnership Program, which allocated doses specifically to long-term care facilities.
The IDPH chart shows 27.7% of Kane County residents age 16 to 64 have had at least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccine. The state of Illinois plans to open vaccinations to all residents age 16 and over as of April 12.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us