- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
4:30PM THURSDAY, APRIL 8
157 New Cases, Test Positivity Rate Soars To 7.8%
The Kane County seven-day test positivity rate has grown to 7.8%, according to data posted today by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
To put that in perspective, if any region of the state reaches 8.0% test positivity, that is one of the triggers that could send that region back to Phase 4 restrictions. Kane and DuPage share Region 8, which is at 7.1% as of today.
The IDPH also reported 157 new cases of coronavirus in Kane County, bringing the total to 53,949 positive cases since the pandemic began.
There were no new deaths related to COVID-19 for the 10th straight day in Kane County, a possible result of the growing rate of vaccinations among seniors.
According to IDPH data, 74.83% of Kane County’s population age 65 and over has had at least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccine, while 29.67% of the population age 16 to 64 has had at least one shot.
On Monday, April 12, the state will officially open vaccination eligibility to anyone age 16 and over.
There have been 251,265 vaccine doses administered to Kane County residents, according to the IDPH.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us