COVID-19 KANE COUNTY: 154 New Cases; Test Positivity Rate Jumps Over 8%; Local Hospitalizations Growing
- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
5PM TUESDAY, APRIL 13
154 New Cases as Test Positivity Rate Jumps Over 8%; Local Hospitalizations Growing
Hospital admissions for Coronavirus-Like Illnesses (CLI) are growing rapidly in Kane-DuPage Region 8, and the Kane County test positivity rate jumped to 8.2% today — the highest since January.
According to data posted by the Illinois Department of Public Health, Kane County recorded 154 new COVI-19 cases but no additional deaths today. The totals since the pandemic began are 54,789 positive cases and 749 COVID-19-ralated deaths.
You can see by the IDPH chart above that the CLI hospital admissions have been rising rapidly in the past 30 days, representing another surge in the transmission of COVID-19. Health officials from the Centers For Disease Control are pointing to the emergence of the B.1.1.7 variant as the primary reason for the rapid escalation.
Kane County is reporting 278,444 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered to date.
According to the IDPH, 76.17% of residents age 65 and older and 32.23% of residents age 16 to 64 have received at least one dose of vaccine.
State Puts Pause on J&J Vaccine
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us