- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
4:15PM THURSDAY, APRIL 22
153 New Cases; 3 Deaths Are People in Their 50s, 60s; Test Positivity 7.5%
For several weeks, health officials have noted the increasing percentage of people under age 65 who are entering hospitals and dying from COVID-19. Because a high percentage of older adults have been vaccinated, for the first time, the majority of new hospitalizations have been younger adults.
Some evidence is reflected in Illinois and Kane County data.
Today, the Illinois Department of Public Health reports three additional COVID-19-related deaths in Kane County: a man in his 50s, a woman in her 60s and a man in his 60s.
The IDPH reported 153 new cases in Kane County.
That brings the Kane County totals to date to 56,108 confirmed cases and 756 deaths.
The seven-day test positivity rate dropped a notch — to 7.5%.
According to the IDPH, 329,015 vaccine doses have been administered in Kane County. Data shows 78.96% of Kane residents age 65 and older and 39.83% of Kane residents age 16 to 64 have had at least one dose of vaccine.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us