- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
3PM WEDNESDAY, APRIL 28
140 New Cases; No Deaths; Kane Test Positivity Up To 7.2%
If Kane County residents want to get life “back to normal,” the best way to do that is to get vaccinated — and to encourage everyone you know to do so.
It’s also super important to wear a mask indoors and at larger outdoor gatherings. It’s clear from the data that Kane County residents have not done as well as those of some of our neighbor counties in controlling the spread.
Kane County tallied another 140 new cases today, according to data posted on the IDPH website. That brings the total 56,905 positive cases since the pandemic began.
There were no new deaths posted today — a hopeful sign that vaccinations are working to slow the death toll. Kane County’s total number of deaths related to the virus remains at 760.
Admissions to the hospital for patients with COVID-19-like illness remains high, as you can see by the Kane-DuPage Region 8 chart above. That data point is one of the elements that’s preventing state officials from reopening Illinois.
And the county’s test positivity rate ticked up again today, now at 7.2%.
Vaccination data, as posted on the Illinois Department of Public Health webpages show that 80.29% of Kane County residents age 65 and older and 42.97% of residents age 16 to 64 have received at least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Those are very good numbers that put Kane County in the seventh-highest spot on the list of jurisdictions in terms of vaccine administration.
At the same time, IDPH data shows that 144.048 Kane residents have been full vaccinated. That’s 26.96% of the total population.
The IDPH data puts Kane County’s total population at 534,216. It does not show how many of those people are age 15 and younger, nor does it provide a percentage of all people age 16 and over who have been fully vaccinated.
Kane Community Partners Can Sponsor Vaccine Clinic
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us