- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
3:30PM TUESDAY, APRIL 27
125 New Cases; 1 Death?; Kane Test Positivity Still at 7.1%; 80% of Seniors Had Vaccine
This is one of those unusual days when the the data on the coronavirus.illinois.gov map doesn’t match up with the information from the Illinois Department of Public Health’s daily news release.
That usually happens because an adjustment in the data count. In fact, today’s daily news release specifically says: “Information for a death previously reported has been changed, therefore numbers have been adjusted. ”
Today’s news release reports one additional Kane County COVID-19 death as a man in his 70s. However, the daily total on the IDPH map shows 760 for Kane County — one less than the previous day.
The number of new cases in Kane County increased by 125 today, for a total of 56,765 since the pandemic began.
On the vaccination front, Kane County passed a milestone of sorts today, as 80.03% of residents age 65 and older have ad at least one shot. About 42.42% of Kane residents age 16 to 64 have had one shot of vaccine.
The daily rate of vaccinations has been dropping steadily since its peak on April 13. The seven-day rolling average of vaccinations at that time was 5,681. As of April 25, the rolling average is 4,406.
To date, there have been 347,452 vaccine doses administered in Kane County, according to the IDPH website.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us