- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
4:20PM WEDNESDAY, APRIL 21
106 New Cases; Test Positivity Increases to 7.6%; Is Kane County Turning a Corner?
Kane County health officials reported today that hospitalizations remain high but other data is trending in a positive direction — especially on the vaccination front.
Kane County’s test positivity rate is at 7.6%. The number ticked up after a single-day 10.6% test positivity rate on Sunday. The good news is that number of new cases in total was down on Sunday; the bad news is that the number of tests were way down — thus the higher positivity rate.
Earlier today, in his report to the Kane County Public Health Committee, Kane County Health Department Assistant Director for Community Health Michael Isaacson said he’s hoping to see a downward trend in case counts and test-positivity rates the coming days.
There were 106 new cases reported today in Kane County and no additional deaths. That puts the Kane County totals at 55,955 positive cases and 753 deaths related to the virus since the pandemic began.
According to the IDPH, 324,447 vaccine doses have been administered to Kane County residents. The IDPH shows 129,200 Kane County residents as being fully vaccinated.
About 76.76% of Kane residents age 65 and old and 39.31% of residents age 16 to 64 have had at least one shot of vaccine.
Kane County Moving Into High Gear With Vaccinations
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us