- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 vaccine allotments page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
2:55PM SUNDAY, APRIL 4
8,523 New Cases Over 3-Day Weekend; Region 8 Test Positivity Jumps To 6.2%
The race between the surge and the vaccine continued over the Easter holiday weekend, as the number of doses administered statewide has grown to 6.29 million while the positivity rate jumped to 6.2% in Region 8 and 8,523 new cases were reported by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
The state also reported 47 additional deaths, bringing the state total to 21,373 since the pandemic began.
To date, Illinois has seen 1,256,634 total cases out of 20,626,612 total tests.
The seven-day test positivity rate for Region 8 (Kane and DuPage counties) continues its upward trend, going from 4.3% to 6.2% in 10 days.
The total number of COVID-19 vaccine doses increased by 272,400 in the past three days.
2:30PM THURSDAY, APRIL 1
3,526 New Cases — Most Since Early February; Region 8 Test Positivity Jumps To 5.6%
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 3,526 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 25 additional deaths.
The breakdown by county, gender and age demographics is as follows:
- Cook County: 1 female 40s, 1 male 50s, 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 male 80s, 2 females 90s, 1 male 90s
- DuPage County: 2 females 70s
- LaSalle County: 1 male 90s
- Lee County: 1 female 70s
- Macon County: 1 male 60s
- Madison County: 1 male 30s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s
- McLean County: 1 male 80s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s
- Tazewell County: 1 male 90s
- Warren County: 1 female 50s
- Will County: 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 80s
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,248,111 cases, including 21,326 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 96,177 specimens for a total of 20,409,227. As of last night, 1,411 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 304 patients were in the ICU and 121 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from March 25-31 is 3.5%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from March 25-31 is 4.0%.
The Region 8 (Kane and DuPage counties) test positivity rate is 5.6%.
A total of doses of 7,095,305 vaccine have been delivered to providers in Illinois, including Chicago.
In addition, approximately 448,830 doses total have been allocated to the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities. This brings the total Illinois doses to 7,544,135.
A total of 5,918,422 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight, including 367,823 for long-term care facilities. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 109,073 doses. Yesterday, 116,551 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Need more local help finding vaccine options? Call 2-1-1!