- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 vaccine allotments page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
7:30PM SUNDAY, APRiL 11
6,572 New Cases Over Weekend; 7.3% Test Positivity Region 8; Total Doses Up To 7,178,611
Illinois tallied 6,572 new cases and 29 deaths related to COVID-19 over the weekend.
The test positivity rate for Region 8 (Kane DuPage counties) has risen to 7.3% — less than 1% from the state’s 8.0% threshold.
There have been more than 1.2 million total positive cases in Illinois since the pandemic began.
The total number of deaths is 21,505.
After 306,966 vaccinations this weekend, the state total is 7,178,611 doses administered statewide.
3:10PM FRIDAY, APRIL 9
4,004 New Cases Most Since Jan. 29; Single-Day Record 164,462 Vaccine Doses
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 4,004 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 21 additional deaths.
The number of cases is the most since Jan. 29.
The deaths be county, gender and age group are as follows:
- Cook County: 1 male 50s, 3 females 70s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s
- Crawford County: 1 male 70s
- Henry County: 1 male 80s
- Jackson County: 1 male 60s
- Kane County: 1 male 50s, 1 female 60s
- Lake County: 1 male 70s
- Madison County: 1 male 60s
- Menard County: 1 male 80s
- Rock Island County: 1 male 60s
- Sangamon County: 1 male 80s
- St. Clair County: 1 male 50s
- Tazewell County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 80s
- Whiteside County: 2 males 60s
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,273,200 cases, including 21,476 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 101,737 specimens for a total of 21,017,929. As of last night, 1,808 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 369 patients were in the ICU and 163 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from April 2-8 is 4.2%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from April 2-8 is 4.8%.
The seven-day test positivity rate for Kane-DuPage Region 8 grew to 7.2%.
The total number of COVID-19 vaccine doses for Illinois is 8,841,285. This number includes doses allocated for the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities, which effectively has ended. A total of 6,871,645 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight.
The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 118,336 doses. Yesterday, a record 164,462 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for deaths previously reported has changed, therefore, today’s numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Need more local help finding vaccine options? Call 2-1-1!