- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 vaccine allotments page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
4:30PM SUNDAY, APRIL 25
4,942 New Cases, 49 Deaths Over Weekend; 8,810,463 Vaccine Doses Total
The state recorded 4,942 new cases and 49 deaths over the weekend.
That brings totals to 1,321,033 positive cases and 21,826 death since the pandemic began.
The test positivity rate for Kane-DuPage Region 8 dropped to 5.7%. That is down from 7.3% just 10 day earlier.
So far, there have been 8,810,463 vaccine doses administered statewide.
2:10PM FRIDAY. APRIL 23
3,369 New Cases, 22 Deaths; Tests Positivity Rate Drops Again
COVID-19 data continues to trend in a positive direction, although test positivity rates and hospitalizations remain high.
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 3,369 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 22 additional deaths.
- Bureau County: 1 male 70s
- Champaign County: 1 male 40s
- Cook County: 1 female 40s, 1 male 40s, 2 females 50s, 2 males 50s, 1 male 60s, 2 males 80s
- DuPage County: 1 female 80s
- Kane County: 1 female 50s
- Peoria County: 1 male 60s
- Sangamon County: 1 female 30s
- Tazewell County: 1 female 50s, 1 male 80s
- Vermilion County: 2 females 80s
- Will County: 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s
- Woodford County: 1 female 70s
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,316,091 cases, including 21,777 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 104,795 specimens for a total of 22,113,490. As of last night, 2,112 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 506 patients were in the ICU and 230 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from April 16-22 is 3.6%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from April 16-22 is 4.3%.
The seven-day test positivity rate for Kane-DuPage Region 8 is 5.8% — a considerable drop from the 7.4% it had been nine days earlier.
The total number of COVID-19 vaccine doses for Illinois is 10,802,075. A total of 8,610,478 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 118,741 doses.
Yesterday, 136,525 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Need more local help finding vaccine options? Call 2-1-1!