- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 vaccine allotments page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
3:10PM WEDNESDAY, APRIL 7
3,790 New Cases; Region 8 Test Positivity 6.9%!
For the time being, at least, the race between COVID-19 and the vaccine is being won by the virus.
Illinois Department of Public Health officials today released new data showing that the Region 8 (Kane and DuPage counties) seven-day test positivity rolling average has risen to 6.9%.
Statewide, the numbers are better but still growing. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from March 31-April 6 is 4.1%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from March 31-April 6 is 4.6%.
The IDPH today reported 3,790 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 28 additional deaths.
The number of new cases is the most since late January, according to the Daily Herald.
Death totals tend to lag two to three weeks behind infection rates.
By county, gender and age group, here are data on COVID-19 deaths reported today:
- Adams County: 1 male 70s
- Cook County: 1 male 30s, 1 male 50s, 1 female 60s, 1 male 60s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s
- DuPage County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s, 1 male 80s
- Lake County: 1 female 70s
- Lawrence County: 1 male 60s
- Livingston County: 1 female 90s
- Madison County: 1 male 70s
- Marion County: 1 male 60s
- McLean County: 1 male 60s
- Menard County: 1 female 70s
- Rock Island County: 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 60s
- Wayne County: 1 male 60s
- White County: 1 male 50s
- Will County: 1 male 60s, 2 males 70s, 1 female 80s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 60s
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,265,457 cases, including 21,423 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 80,628 specimens for a total of 20,818,451. As of last night, 1,710 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 353 patients were in the ICU and 142 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
Vaccine doses continue to increase at a good clip.
The total number of COVID-19 vaccine doses for Illinois is 8,423,845. This number includes doses allocated for the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities, which effectively has ended.
A total of 6,552,982 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight.
The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 107,302 doses. Yesterday, 139,724 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kane Opens Vax Hub in Elgin
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Need more local help finding vaccine options? Call 2-1-1!