- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 vaccine allotments page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
3:45PM THURSDAY, APRIL 15
3,581 New Cases; State Test Positivity Drops a Notch; Hospitalizations High
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 3,581 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 40 additional deaths.
- Adams County: 1 female 80s
- Bureau County: 1 female 70s
- Champaign County: 1 male 80s
- Christian County: 1 male 80s
- Clay County: 1 male 90s
- Cook County: 1 male 50s, 2 females 60s, 1 male 60s, 2 males 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s, 2 females 90s, 1 male 90s
- DuPage County: 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s
- Jersey County: 1 female 80s
- Knox County: 1 female 80s
- Lake County: 1 female 90s
- LaSalle County: 2 females 80s
- Lee County: 1 female 80s
- Macon County: 1 male 70s
- McHenry County: 1 female 80s
- Menard County: 1 male 90s
- Montgomery County: 1 female 80s
- Moultrie County: 1 male 70s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 40s, 1 male 60s
- Stephenson County: 1 female 60s
- Tazewell County: 1 female 90s
- Whiteside County: 1 male 50s
- Will County: 1 female 60s, 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s, 1 male 90s
- Williamson County: 1 female 80s
- Winnebago County; 1 female 90s
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,292,515 cases, including 21,609 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than 1 to older than 100 years.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 105,661 specimens for a total of 21,477,421.
As of last night, 2,043 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 468 patients were in the ICU and 190 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
Kane-DuPage Region 8 has seen at least 10 straight days of increasing hospitalizations due to coronavirus-like illnesses and the hospital bed capacity for Region 8 is nearing the 20% threshold set by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from April 8-14 is 4.2%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from April 8-14 is 4.9%.
The seven-day test positivity rate for Kane-DuPage Region 8 ticked down by 1/10th of a percent and is now at 7.3%. The state threshold is 8.0%.
The total number of COVID-19 vaccine doses for Illinois is 9,636,355. A total of 7,612,405 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight.
The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 129,317 doses. Yesterday, 129,755 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for a death previously reported has changed, therefore, today’s numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Need more local help finding vaccine options? Call 2-1-1!