- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 vaccine allotments page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
4:30PM THURSDAY, APRIL 29
3,394 New Cases, 38 Deaths; Vaccination Slowdown Now Biggest Concern
In just a few short weeks, perhaps the biggest concern of health officials has gone from not having enough vaccine to making sure enough people will take it.
With infections climbing as the week has gone on, the numbers of people getting vaccinated daily continues to go down.
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 3,394 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 38 additional deaths.
The deaths by county, gender and age group are as follows:
- Cook County: 1 male 30s, 2 males 40s, 2 males 50s, 3 females 60s, 3 females 80s, 3 males 80s, 1 female 90s
- DuPage County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s
- Kane County: 1 male 80s
- Kankakee County: 1 male 60s
- Kendall County: 1 male 60s
- Lake County: 1 female 80s
- LaSalle County: 1 female 70s
- Livingston County: 1 female 80s
- Macon County: 1 male 50s
- Ogle County: 1 male 90s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s, 2 females 90s
- Tazewell County: 1 male 30s, 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s
- Will County: 1 female 70s
- Winnebago County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 80s
- Woodford County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,331,848 cases, including 21,927 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 89,057 specimens for a total of 22,558,270. As of last night, 2,115 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 475 patients were in the ICU and 231 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from April 22-28 is 3.5%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from April 22-28 is 4.0%.
The seven-day test positivity rate for Region 8 (Kane and DuPage counties) dropped a notch, to 5.6%.
The total number of COVID-19 vaccine doses for Illinois is 11,546,345. A total of 9,155,989 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight.
The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 97,434 doses — the first time that average dropped below 100,000 since early March. Yesterday, 107,689 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for deaths previously reported has been changed, therefore numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.
Why You Shouldn’t Be Worried About The J&J Vaccine
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Need more local help finding vaccine options? Call 2-1-1!