COVID-19 ILLINOIS: 3,193 New Cases; Hospitalizations Double From 1 Month Ago; Test Positivity Still Climbing
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 vaccine allotments page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
3PM TUESDAY, APRIL 13
3,193 New Cases; Hospitalizations Double From 1 Month Ago; Test Positivity Still Climbing
Hospitalizations due to COVID-19-like illnesses have doubled in just one month, and test positivity rates are continuing to climb as concern rises about the dominance of the B.1.1.7 variant.
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 3,193 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 17 additional deaths.
The deaths by county, gender and age group are as follows:
- Bureau County: 1 female 70s
- Cook County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 female 90s, 1 male 90s
- DuPage County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s
- Jersey County: 1 female 90s
- Lake County: 1 female 80s
- Livingston County: 1 female 60s
- Logan County: 1 male 60s
- Madison County: 1 male 50s
- McHenry County: 1 female 70s
- Peoria County: 1 male 50s, 1 male 60s
- St. Clair County: 1 male 50s
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,285,398 cases, including 21,540 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 58,248 specimens for a total of 21,283,370. As of last night, 2,028 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 466 patients were in the ICU and 185 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from April 6-12 is 4.3%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from April 6-12 is 5.0%.
The combined seven-day test positivity rate for Kane and DuPage counties (Region 8) is 7.4% — the highest since January.
The total number of COVID-19 vaccine doses for Illinois is 9,343,775.
A total of 7,344,112 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 132,979 doses. Yesterday, 100,729 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
The Illinois National Guard has administered more than one million doses of COVID-19 vaccines at state-supported vaccination sites around the state.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IDPH Puts J&J Vaccine on Pause
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Need more local help finding vaccine options? Call 2-1-1!