- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 vaccine allotments page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
4PM WEDNESDAY. APRIL 21
2,765 New Cases, 28 Deaths; Data Shows Signs That ‘4th Wave’ Is Declining
State data is showing signs of a downward trend in case counts and test positivity rates — suggesting that the pandemic could be entering its final stages if the numbers continue to trend in that direction.
Data posted on the Illinois COVID-19 Modeling Page (screenshot of graphic at top above) shows the statewide curve just beginning to make a downward turn.
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 2,765 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 28 additional deaths.
- Champaign County: 1 female 100+
- Cook County: 1 male 40s, 2 females 50s, 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s, 2 females 80s
- DuPage County: 1 male 70s
- Greene County: 1 female 70s
- Kankakee County: 1 male 30s, 1 female 60s, 1 male 80s
- McDonough County: 1 male 70s
- McLean County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s
- Peoria County: 1 male 70s
- Rock Island: 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s
- Tazewell County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s
- Wayne County: 1 male 90s
- Whiteside County: 1 male 50s
- Will County: 1 female 50s, 1 male 90s
- Winnebago County: 1 male 60s
- Woodford County: 1 female 60s
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,309,552 cases, including 21,722 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 81,133 specimens for a total of 21,920,359. As of last night, 2,191 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 521 patients were in the ICU and 237 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from April 14-20 is 3.8%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from April 14-20 is 4.4%.
The seven-day test positivity rate for Kane-DuPage Region 8 is 6.1%. It had been as high as 7.4% a week earlier.
The total number of COVID-19 vaccine doses for Illinois is 10,358,875. A total of 8,342,542 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 122,842 doses. Yesterday, 140,712 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health Department: Kane County Seeing Transitional Time in Pandemic
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Need more local help finding vaccine options? Call 2-1-1!