COVID-19 ILLINOIS: 2,728 New Cases, 33 Deaths; State Passes 9 Million Vaccine Doses; Region 8 Hospitalizations High
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 vaccine allotments page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
2:30PM WEDNESDAY, APRIL 28
2,728 New Cases, 33 Deaths; State Passes 9 Million Vaccine Doses; Region 8 Hospitalizations High
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 2,728 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 33 additional deaths.
The deaths by county, gender and age group are as follows:
- Cook County: 1 female 20s, 1 male 40s, 1 female 50s, 2 males 50s, 1 female 70s, 2 males 70s, 3 females 80s, 1 male 80s, 4 females 90s
- DuPage County: 1 male 50s
- Kankakee County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s
- Macon County: 1 female 70s
- Marshall County: 1 female 90s
- McHenry County: 1 female 60s, 1 male 70s
- McLean County: 1 male 80s
- Monroe County: 1 male 70s
- Morgan County: 1 male 70s
- Peoria County: 1 female 80s
- Tazewell County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 90s
- Will County: 1 male 50s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 60s, 1 male 80s
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,328,454 cases, including 21,891 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 87,698 specimens for a total of 22,469,213. As of last night, 2,154 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 502 patients were in the ICU and 238 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
As you can see by the COVID-like Illnesses chart above, Kane-DuPage Region 8 is experiencing a higher tide of hospital admissions, significantly up since the beginning of March and generally well above levels during the summer months.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from April 21-27 is 3.4%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from April 21-27 is 4.1%.
The seven-day test positivity rate for Kane-DuPage Region 8 is 5.7% — one tick higher than the previous day.
The state passed a milestone today, passing the 9 million mark in COVID-19 vaccine doses administered.
The total number of COVID-19 vaccine doses for Illinois is 11,322,205. A total of 9,048,300 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight.
The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 100,823 doses. Yesterday, 106,173 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for a death previously reported has been changed, therefore numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kane Community Partners Can Sponsor Vaccine Clinic
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Need more local help finding vaccine options? Call 2-1-1!