- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 vaccine allotments page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
3:10PM TUESDAY, APRIL 27
2,556 New Cases, 23 Deaths; State Still Short of Reopening Metrics
The CDC says you can take your mask off outdoors, if you’ve bee vaccinated and you’re not in a big crowd. But while that is a first step toward reopening, the state of Illinois is still short of the metrics it needs to reopen under the Restore Illinois Plan.
According to the Statewide Reopening Metrics page of the Illinois Department of Public Health website, Illinois is still in the “red zone” for new hospital admissions for COVID-19 and hospitalizations of patients with COVID-19-like illness.
The COVID-19 mortality rate has stayed fairly level, in the low 20s per day, and the number of daily cases has been declining. The numbers of people vaccinated in the 65-and-over category and the 16-to-64 category have reached state benchmarks.
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 2,556 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 23 additional deaths.
- Champaign County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s
- Cook County: 1 male 40s, 1 male 50s, 2 females 60s, 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s, 3 males 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 90s
- Kane County: 1 male 70s
- Logan County: 1 male 60s
- Madison County: 1 male 90s
- Peoria County: 1 female 30s, 1 male 60s
- Tazewell County: 1 male 50s, 1 male 70s, 1 male 80s
- Will County: 1 female 30s,1 female 50s
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,325,726 cases, including 21,858 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 62,724 specimens for a total of 22,381,515. As of last night, 2,180 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 502 patients were in the ICU and 251 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from April 20-26, 2021 is 3.5%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from April 20-26, 2021 is 4.1%.
The seven-day test positivity rate for Kane-DuPage Region 8 is 5.6%.
Vaccination Data: Total Doses Near 9 Million
The total number of COVID-19 vaccine doses for Illinois is 11,149,675. A total of 8,942,127 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight.
The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 105,757 doses — down significantly from its peak on April 12, when the seven-day average was 132,979.
Yesterday, 81,152 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for a death previously reported has been changed, therefore numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CDC Says You Can Take Your Mask Off Outdoors — Mostly
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Need more local help finding vaccine options? Call 2-1-1!