April 6 Mayor, Village President Election Results — Irvin Wins Aurora, Burns in Geneva, Vitek in STC
- Bookmark this page for April 6, 2021, mayoral and village president election results in Kane County, IL. This page shows results for CONTESTED RACES ONLY. As always, if you see any errors or omissions, please email email@example.com.
Incumbents won in Aurora and Geneva, but there are some close contests in mayoral and village president races, including a one-vote margin in Burlington.
- Incumbent Aurora Mayor Richard Irvin appears to be an easy winner over challengers Judd Lofchie and John Laesch.
- Incumbent Geneva Mayor Kevin Burns appears to have retained his seat over challenger Tom Simonian, but it was a fairly close contest. Burns won 2,434 to 2,136, according to unofficial totals.
- In what has to be the nail-biter or the night, Mary K. Wlezen appears to be the next village president in Burlignton, defeating Bob Walsh by a single vote, 46-45 in unofficial totals.
- In East Dundee, Jeffrey J. Lynam appears to be the winner over Lael Miller in the race for village president, with Cook County votes yet to be added.
- Charles H. Sass is leading Timothy J. Hoeft in the race for Huntley village president.
- Michael J. Reid, Jr. was an easy winner over Jeffrey R. Magnussen in the race for Hampshire village president.
- Suzanne Fahnestock looks to be an easy winner over Christopher R. Higgins for Maple Park village president.
- In the race for St. Charles mayor, Lora A. Vitek is the winner over Maureen Lewis.
- In West Dundee, Christopher John Nelson defeated Joseph M. Connell 640-242.
There are some early results to report — and they show just how close these local elections can be.
We’ll try to report the city council and village board results in another story tomorrow, but here are some interesting early totals.
In St. Charles, 11 of 11 precincts in Kane County are in for the Ward 4 alderman seat — and 1 vote separates the top two candidates.
Bryan Wirball has 402, John Hoscheit 401 and Laurel P Moad has 139, according to the Kane County Clerk’s Office website at this moment.
With five of five precincts reports in St. Charles Ward 5, Steve Weber appears to be the winner, with 286 votes. Kimberly Malay has 178 and Richard J. Artz 165.
Because of the long list of municipal candidates in the April 6 Consolidated Election, Kane County Connects is posting the results of the mayor and village president contests tonight.
For information on the winners of city council, village board and other municipal races, visit the Contest Totals page of the Kane County Clerk’s Office website. For contests in cities and villages that have a footprint in more than one county, but sure to visit the websites of those neighbor counties to add up the vote totals.
(Vote for ONE — 63 of 63 precincts reporting in Kane County, 47 of 47 precincts reporting in DuPage County, 4 of 4 precincts reporting in Will County, 3 of 3 precincts reporting in Kendall County)
Richard C. Irvin — 6,795 (3,590 Kane + 2,339 DuPage + 659 Will + 207 Kendall)
Judd Lofchie — 2,918 (1,628 Kane + 1,103 DuPage + 128 Will + 59 Kendall)
John Laesch — 2,583 (1,385 Kane + 929 DuPage + 184 Will + 85 Kendall)
BURLINGTON VILLAGE PRESIDENT
(Vote for ONE — 1 of 1 precincts reporting)
EAST DUNDEE VILLAGE PRESIDENT
(Vote for ONE — 4 of 4 precincts reporting in Kane)
(Vote for ONE — 19 of 19 precincts reporting)
HAMPSHIRE VILLAGE PRESIDENT
(Vote for ONE — 4 of 4 precincts reporting)
HUNTLEY VILLAGE PRESIDENT
(Vote for ONE — 6 of 6 precincts reporting in Kane)
MAPLE PARK VILLAGE PRESIDENT
(Vote for ONE — 1 of 1 precinct reporting in Kane, 65 of 65 precincts reporting in DeKalb)
ST. CHARLES MAYOR
(Vote for ONE — 27 of 27 precincts reporting in Kane, 100% in DuPage)
SUGAR GROVE VILLAGE PRESIDENT
(Vote for ONE — 7 of 7 precincts reporting)
WEST DUNDEE VILLAGE PRESIDENT
(Vote for ONE — 6 of 6 precincts reporting)
More Elections Results