- Editor’s Note: This article was written by Kane County Recycling Coordinator Jennifer Jarland. Got a question or idea for a recycling tip? Contact Jennifer Jarland at 630-208-3841 or email@example.com.
Stop the presses!
We have two news items to highlight this week from Kane County Recycles:
First, the Recycling Center on Fabyan Parkway has been open on Saturdays through the winter — but that will end in April, as the Saturday recycling events start up again.
And second, Kane County has published its 2021 recycling event dates — and they include three document shredding events throughout the year!
Recycling Center Saturday Hours End, Starting in April
In December of 2020, as last year’s event season ended, the recycling center at 517 E Fabyan Parkway in Batavia, started opening on Saturday mornings. As the 2021 event season kicks off again this year, we will discontinue the Saturday hours, and will return to the regular schedule of Monday through Friday 8am-4pm.
The last two Saturday’s we will be open at the Batavia location are 3/20/21 and 3/27/21, from 8am to 1pm. See the Recycling Centers page for more details. Starting in April, if need to recycle on weekends, please see the event dates below and plan accordingly.
Announcing The 2021 Recycling Events Schedule!
Below is a list of dates and items we will be taking at each recycling event in 2021.
Most events are held from 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays at 540 S. Randall Road in St. Charles. Check out the Kane County Recycles Events Page for updates and details.
- April 10 – Electronics, Clothes, Books
- April 24 – Document Shredding Event
- May 8 – Electronics, Clothes, Books & Paint
- June 5 – Special Hazardous Waste Event (8am-3pm at 309 N River Street in Aurora)
- June 26 – Document Shredding Event
- July 10 – Extravaganza: Electronics, Clothes, Books, Paint, and more. NO SHREDDING
- Sept. 11 – Electronics, Clothes, Books & Paint
- Oct. 23 – Document Shredding Event
- Nov. 6 – Pumpkin Composting (from 9am-12pm at Pushing the Envelope Farm at 1700 Averill Road in Geneva)
3 Document Shredding Events!
We aim to hold three onsite shredding events this year, as scheduled above. Please carefully review the guidelines on the Kane County Recycles Document Shredding Page.
Subject to Change: Please always check the Kane County Recycles website before all one-day events, or before visiting a recycling center to confirm details, as they are subject to change. Thank you for your understanding!
COVID note: We will continue to operate all events and recycling centers under COVID safety guidelines to ensure the safety of all attendees and event workers.