The Kane County Sheriff’s Office has released a new app that provides real-time access to crime and safety information to anyone with a smartphone.
Kane County Sheriff Ron Hain said the app, developed by TheSheriffApp.com, a division of OCV, LLC, offers quick access to items of public interest and is easy to use.
“This technology truly ups our game in community engagement and real time safety notifications to our citizens,” Hain said.
The app can be download for free in the App Store and Google Play by searching “Kane Sheriff IL” or by clicking here.
According to a Sheriff’s Office news release, app users can:
- Submit a tip.
- Meet the sheriff.
- Receive push notifications.
- View the most wanted criminals in Kane County.
- Connect to the organization’s social media platforms.
- Read the latest news and updates.
- Access inmate information.
- Research sex offenders in the area.
SOURCE: Kane County Sheriff’s Office news release