COVID-19 KANE COUNTY: Virus Claims Life of Kane Woman in Her 30s; Over 54% of Kane 65+ Have Had a Vaccine Shot
- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
5PM TUESDAY, MARCH 9
COVID Claims Life of Kane Woman in Her 30s; Over 54% of Kane 65+ Have Had a Vaccine Shot
COVID-19 has taken the life of a Kane County woman in her 30s, another stark reminder that we are far from finished with the pandemic that started almost one year ago.
According to data from the Illinois Department of Public Health, Kane County recorded 66 new cases, bringing the county totals to 51,353 confirmed cases and 724 deaths since the pandemic began.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity ticked down but remains at 4.8%, considerably higher than the statewide seven-day average, which dropped to 2.7%.
Kane County’s vaccination totals are up to 119,745, and Kane County is recording some vaccinations levels that are higher than the statewide average.
According to the IDPH, 54.74% of Kane County residents age 65 and older have now received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. That compares to 51.38% for the state as a whole.
County Close To Securing Mass Vaccination Sites in Batavia, Carpentersville
Hine VA Opens Vaccine to All Veterans
Vaccination Information Resources
- Click this link to the state of Illinois Vaccination Locations Page.
- Click this link for the Vaccine Appointments page on the Kane County Health Department website.
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us