COVID-19 KANE COUNTY: Virus Claims Life of Kane Man in His 30s; Test Positivity Rate Continues To Rise: Vaccine Data Improves
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
5PM WEDNESDAY, MARCH 10
COVID Claims Life of Kane Man in His 30s; Test Positivity Rate Continues To Rise
Kane County continues to see positive trends in vaccination rates and some very concerning trends in COVID-19 test positivity rates and deaths, particularly deaths of people under age 60..
Today, the Illinois Department of Public Health reported two additional Kane County deaths, a man in his 30s and a woman in her 70s. The death total for Kane County is now 726.
Today marks the one-year anniversary of Kane County’s first recorded case of coronavirus. That first case became “official” when it entered the IDPH database on March 11, 2020.
Kane County’s total positive cases is at 51,415, according to the IDPH, an increase of 62.
Perhaps the most concerning data category is the seven-day test-positivity rate in Kane County, which rose to 4.9% and continues to be significantly higher than the state rate. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from March 3-9, 2021, is 2.6%.
Regarding vaccinations, Kane County continues an upward climb on the IDPH list of jurisdiction-specific doses administered. For more in formation, click on this link and scroll down to the chart with blue and purple horizontal bars. Not too many weeks ago, Kane County was near the bottom of the chart, an indication that there wasn’t much vaccine coming from the state and a smaller percentage of the Kane County population had been vaccinated in comparison to other counties.
Today, that graphic shows 55.67% of Kane County’s 65-and-older population and 13.27% of its 16-64 age group has had at least one vaccine shot. And Kane County has moved much higher on the list of successful jurisdictions.
Kane County Marks 1 Year of COVID Pandemic
Vaccination Information Resources
- Click this link to the state of Illinois Vaccination Locations Page.
- Click this link for the Vaccine Appointments page on the Kane County Health Department website.
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us