COVID-19 KANE COUNTY: No Deaths For 4 Days, But Test Positivity Remains a Concern as P.1 Variant Emerges
- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
3:20PM MONDAY, MARCH 8
50 New Cases; No Deaths For 4 Days; Daily Test Positivity Rises Again
As happens so often these days, there is good news and bad news in the Kane County COVID-19 data provided today by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
The good news is that Kane County recorded its fourth straight day without a COVID-19 death, and just 50 new cases were reported today. The totals since the first case was recorded in Kane County on March 11, 2020, are 51,287 positive cases and 723 deaths.
Bad news comes in the form of test positivity rates that again are on the rise and continue to be significantly higher than the state of Illinois as a whole as well as the IDPH announcement that the first case of the Brazilian P.1 variant has been identified in Cook County. (See the article embedded belowl)
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate remains at 4.9%. The statewide seven-day test positivity from March 1-7, 2021 is 2.8%.
According to the IDPH website, Kane County has administered 117,069 COVID-19 vaccine doses to date, and 54% of the population age 65 and over has had at least one vaccine shot.
Brazilian Variant in Cook County
Vaccination Information Resources
- Click this link to the state of Illinois Vaccination Locations Page.
- Click this link for the Vaccine Appointments page on the Kane County Health Department website.
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us