COVID-19 KANE COUNTY: 93,400 Vaccinations as KCHD Begins Appointments For Seniors; 79 New Cases; 2 Additional Deaths
- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
3:30PM TUESDAY, MARCH 2
93,400 Vaccinations as KCHD Begins Appointments For Seniors; 79 New Cases; 2 Additional Deaths
As Kane County Health Department officials announced they have begun to set up appointments to vaccinate seniors age 65 and over, the Illinois Department of Public Health is reporting that 93,400 vaccine doses have been administered countywide to date.
About 44.8% of Kane County’s senior population has received at least one dose of vaccine, according to the IDPH website. About 10.8% of the Kane County population age 16 to 65 have received a vaccine shot.
According to the IDPH, the seven-date test positivity rate has dropped to 3.7% in Kane County.
Sadly, however, the IDPH also is reporting 79 new cases and two additional deaths in Kane County related to the coronavirus.
The two Kane County deaths, according to an IDPH news release, as a man in his 80s and a man in his 90s.
The total number of positive cases in Kane County to date is 50,879; the death toll is 719.
Kane County Begins Vaccination Clinics For Seniors
Vaccination Information Resources
- Click this link to the state of Illinois Vaccination Locations Page.
- Click this link for the Vaccine Appointments page on the Kane County Health Department website.
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us