- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
4:30PM TUESDAY, MARCH 16
9.73% of Kane Population Fully Vaccinated; 61 Cases, No Deaths Tuesday
About 9.73% of Kane County’s population has been fully vaccinated, according to the Illinois Department of Public Health website, but that’s not as low as one might think — especially in comparison to some other counties in Illinois. However, the county’s “fully vaccinated” percentage is lower than the state of Illinois and the nation as a whole.
According to the IDPH’s COVID-19 Vaccine Administration Data page, 12.7% of the Illinois population is fully vaccinated. According to the Centers For Disease Control COVID Data Tracker, 11.8% of the U.S. population has been fully vaccinated.
Of course, the state presently is vaccinating persons in the 1B+ category — primarily seniors and essential workers and people with serious health conditions. It’s also true that the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines require two shots — so it will take some time before everyone who has had one shot to date will be fully vaccinated.
State local health officials have repeatedly said the the vaccination numbers are expected to increase dramatically in the coming days and weeks, as vaccine supply increases. Kane County health officials and Madam Chairman Corinne Pierog announced yesterday that the county is planning to open its first mass vaccination site Friday in Batavia.
The total number of COVID-19 doses administered so far in Kane County is 149,048, according to the IDPH website. According to the IDPH, 60.51% of Kane County residents age 65 and over and 15.10% of residents age 16 to 64 have had at least one shot.
Today, the IDPH reported no additional COVID-19-relatd deaths in Kane County as well as 61 new cases. The Kane County totals since the pandemic began are 51,733 positive cases and 732 deaths.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity ticked up to 3.8% today.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Click this link to the state of Illinois Vaccination Locations Page.
- Click this link for the Vaccine Appointments page on the Kane County Health Department website.
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us