COVID-19 KANE COUNTY: 60% Kane Seniors Vaccinated; Mass Vax Site Opening; At Least 1 COVID-19 Death Monday
- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
4:30PM MONDAY, MARCH 15
60% Kane Seniors Vaccinated; Mass Vax Site Opening; At Least 1 COVID-19 Death Monday
Kane County officials and the Illinois Department of Public Health announced some very good news today: that a mass vaccination site will open on Friday in Batavia and that Kane County has now administered at least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccine to 60% of residents age 65 and older.
According to ABC7, the Kane County mass vaccination site at 501 N. Randall Road will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. six days a week, starting Friday.
More-detailed information is expected in the coming days.
According to the IDPH, Kane County recorded 59 new COVID-19 cases and two additional deaths today (Monday, March 16, 2021).
The 59 cases brings Kane County’s total to 51,672 positive cases since the pandemic began a little more than a year ago.
The IDPH news release today indicated one Kane County death: a man in his 80s.
However, the total deaths rose to 732 on the coronavirus.illinois.gov website — an increase of two from the previous day. An adjustment of the case counts or death totals is not unusual.
“All data are provisional and will change,” the state news release said. “Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered.”
Kane County has administered 146,594 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, according to the IDPH. Kane County’s seven-day rolling average of vaccine doses is up to 4,186.
The IDPH vaccination data page shows 60.05% of the Kane County population age 65 and over has been given at least one vaccine does. The same graphic shows 14.89% of the population age 16-64 age group has been given at least one shot.
ABC7: Kane To Open Mass Vax Site Friday
Vaccination Information Resources
- Click this link to the state of Illinois Vaccination Locations Page.
- Click this link for the Vaccine Appointments page on the Kane County Health Department website.
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us