COVID-19 KANE COUNTY: 58 New Cases; 2 Additional Deaths; Test Positivity Rises to 4.2%; Vaccine Doses Near 100,000
- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
3PM THURSDAY, MARCH 4
58 New Cases; 2 Additional Deaths; Test Positivity Rises to 4.2%; Vaccine Doses Near 100,000
Kane County’s vaccine-shot totals are nearing 100,000, but there is a bit of a concern about the seven-day test positivity rate, which rose for the second straight day and now stands at 4.2%.
Kane County recorded 58 new cases and two additional deaths in data reported today by the Illinois Department of Public Health. According to an IDPH news release, the two deaths again involved people under the age of 70 — a woman in her 50s and a woman in her 60s.
Kane County’s totals to date are 51,052 positive COVID-19 cases and 723 deaths.
The county’s seven-day test positivity rate of 4.2% compares to 2.9% statewide.
Kane County’s vaccination totals are now up to 99,752 doses. According to the IDPH website, 47.68% of Kane County residents age 65 and older have received at least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Click this link to the state of Illinois Vaccination Locations Page.
- Click this link for the Vaccine Appointments page on the Kane County Health Department website.
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us