- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
8:25PM THURSDAY, MARCH 18
4 New Kane Deaths as County Sets To Open Mass Vax Hub
Kane County recorded four additional COVID-19 deaths today, as the county gets set to open the Kane Vax Hub on Friday.
According to data on the Illinois Department of Public Health website and an IDPH news release, the four Kane County deaths are a woman in her 50s, a man in his 70s, a woman in her 80s and a woman in her 90s.
Those four deaths bring Kane County’s total to 737 since the pandemic began.
Kane County recorded 79 new COVID-19 cases today, for a total of 51,874 in the past year.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate ticked back up to 3.8%.
According to to the IDPH, 154,553 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered to Kane County residents.
The IDPH reports that 61.7% of Kane residents age 65 or older have received at least one shot of vaccine. About 15.5% of residents age 16 to 64 have had at least one shot.
Nearby Lake County reported its first case of the Brazil variant. State officials said all residents will be eligible for vaccination as of April 12.
Here in Kane County, the Kane Vax Hub will open Friday, The Friday appointments have been set, but the county has a new website — KANEVAX.ORG — where residents can sign up for appointments.
Kane Vax Hub Opens Friday in Batavia!
Brazil Variant Located in Lake County
State Sets Metrics ‘Bridge’ To Reopen; Vaccine Will Be Open to All on April 12
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Need more local help finding vaccine options? Call 2-1-1!