COVID-19 KANE COUNTY: 37 New Cases, Zero Deaths; Test Positivity 4.0%; 10,200 Vaccine Doses Allocated to Kane
- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
2:55PM MONDAY, MARCH 22
37 New Cases, Zero Deaths; Test Positivity 4.3%; 10,200 Vaccine Doses Allocated to Kane
According to the state of Illinois, Kane County’s population is 532,403, which makes up about 5.318% of the state population. This week, that translates to an allotment of 10,200 doses of COVID-19 vaccine.
The Kane County Health Department then distributes those 10,200 doses to hospitals, clinics and other agencies whose personnel put shots in arms.
Kane County remains in Phase 1B+ of the vaccine rollout, which includes residents age 65 and older, frontline workers and people with health conditions. State officials say all residents will be eligible to get a vaccine shot as of April 12.
As of today, 168,077 doses of vaccine have been administered to Kane County residents. The IDPH says 65.45% of Kane County seniors have now had at least one shot, while 17.25% of residents age 16 to 64 have had at least one shot.
Kane County tallied just 37 new cases and zero additional deaths since Sunday’s totals. The county’s totals to date are 52,067 positive cases and 737 deaths related to the virus.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate went up to 4.0%. That compares to a statewide rolling rate of 2.9%.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Need more local help finding vaccine options? Call 2-1-1!