- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
5:30PM SUNDAY, MARCH 7
119 New Cases; Zero Deaths; Test Positivity Settles; 115,000 Vaccine Doses
Like the state of Illinois, Kane County had a much better weekend in the battle against COVID-19.
Kane County recorded 119 new cases and zero deaths over the weekend. The totals to date are 51,237 positive cases and 723 deaths related to the coronavirus.
Kane County’s test positivity rate had climbed prior to the weekend, but settled with 2.8% and 2.9% in the most recent two days measured on the seven-day test positivity rate. That seven day rate of 4.9% is still higher than the statewide percentage.
There have now been 115,488 vaccine doses administered in Kane County.
3PM FRIDAY, MARCH 5
66 New Cases; Zero Deaths; Test Positivity Jumps to 5%; County Passes 100,000 Vaccine Doses
Kane County passed a milestone in the vaccination count today but also recorded an alarming increase in the seven-day test positivity rate for the coronavirus.
According to data provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health, there have been 105,116 doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered here.
That total went up by 6,364 from the previous day and represents a single-day record for Kane County vaccinations.
According to the IDPH website, nearly half of Kane County’s 65-and-over population has received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. The percentage was 49.95 as of Friday’s report.
While those numbers are reasons to celebrate, they are sobered by the news that Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate jumped to 5%. Three days earlier, the seven-day rolling average was at 3.7%. The daily test positivity rate on March 3 — the most recent day on the IDPH chart — was 9.3%.
Kane County recorded zero deaths, but there were 66 new COVID-19 cases. That brings the totals to 51,116 positive cases and 723 deaths as Kane County approaches the one-year anniversary of its first recorded case on March 11, 2020.
‘Mass Vax Aurora’ Is First of Its Kind
Vaccination Information Resources
- Click this link to the state of Illinois Vaccination Locations Page.
- Click this link for the Vaccine Appointments page on the Kane County Health Department website.
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us