- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 web page.
- Click this link for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
2:20PM THURDAY, MARCH 4
Test Positivity Rising; 1,740 New Cases, 42 Deaths; 93,000 Vaccines Wednesday
Perhaps the biggest concern regarding today’s data from the Illinois Department of Public Health is that the test positivity rate for Kane and DuPage Region 8 has ticked up for two days straight.
Public health officials continue to point out that, despite increasing doses of COVID-19 vaccine, we are not out of the woods of this pandemic.
The IDPH today reported 1,740 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 42 additional deaths.
The deaths and demographics by county break down this way:
- Bureau County: 1 male 50s
- Champaign County: 1 male 80s
- Cook County: 2 males 50s, 2 males 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s, 2 female 80s, 3 males 80s
- DuPage County: 1 male 50s, 1 male 60s
- Kane County: 1 female 50s, 1 female 60s
- Lake County: 1 female 50s, 1 male 50s, 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 female 90s
- LaSalle County: 1 female 80s
- Macon County: 1 male 80s
- Madison County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s
- McLean County: 1 male 70s
- Monroe County; 1 male 80s
- Morgan County: 1 female 70s
- Ogle County: 1 male 80s
- Peoria County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s
- Sangamon County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 80s
- Stephenson County: 1 female 100+
- Will County: 1 female 30s, 1 male 50s, 1 female 60s, 2 males 60s, 1 male 70s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 90s
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,193,260 cases, including 20,668 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 73,990 specimens for a total of 18,389,512. As of last night, 1,200 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 260 patients were in the ICU and 128 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from Feb. 25 to March 3 is 2.4%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Feb. 25 to March 3 is 2.9%.
The Region 8 test positivity rate is at 3.8%. That’s up from 3.4% two days earlier.
A total of doses of 3,563,775 vaccine have been delivered to providers in Illinois, including Chicago. In addition, approximately 443,700 doses total have been allocated to the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities. This brings the total Illinois doses to 4,007,475.
A total of 2,993,543 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight, including 330,328 for long-term care facilities. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 78,942 doses. Yesterday, 93,302 doses were administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Click this link to the state of Illinois Vaccination Locations Page.
- Click this link for the Vaccine Appointments page on the Kane County Health Department website.
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us