COVID-19 ILLINOIS: 5 Deaths Statewide Monday as United Center Rules Change, Variant Arrives in Cook County
- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 web page.
- Click this link for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
2:45PM MONDAY, MARCH 8
1,182 New Cases, 5 Deaths Statewide; United Center Appointments Change; Variant in Cook
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 1,182 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including five additional deaths.
- Christian County: 1 female 70s
- Cook County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s
- Monroe County: 1 male 90
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,199,517 cases, including 20,767 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 39,636 specimens for a total of 18,679,826. As of last night, 1,178 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 266 patients were in the ICU and 118 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from March 1-7, 2021, is 2.3%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from March 1-7, 2021 is 2.8%.
The Region 8 (Kane and DuPage counties) seven-day test positivity rate increased to 4.6% — almost 2 points higher than the state average.
A total of doses of 3,824,675 vaccine have been delivered to providers in Illinois, including Chicago. In addition, approximately 443,700 doses total have been allocated to the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities. This brings the total Illinois doses to 4,268,375. A total of 3,387,778 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight, including 347,915 for long-term care facilities. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 90,135 doses.
Yesterday, 29,564 doses were administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for a death previously reported has changed, therefore, today’s numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.
United Center Appointment Priority Is Chicago, Cook County
Brazilian Variant in Cook County
Vaccination Information Resources
- Click this link to the state of Illinois Vaccination Locations Page.
- Click this link for the Vaccine Appointments page on the Kane County Health Department website.
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us