- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 web page.
- Click this link for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
4PM WEDNESDAY, MARCH 3
2,104 New Cases, 44 Deaths; About 84,000 Per Day Get Vaccinations
State health officials continue to express concern about the relatively flat numbers of new COVID-19 cases and deaths while expressing equal optimism about the growing numbers of vaccinations.
The seven-day rolling average of coronavirus vaccine administration rose to 84,000 doses today, as the Illinois Department of Public Health reported 2,104 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 44 additional deaths.
The numbers of deaths by county and demographics are as follows:
- Bureau County: 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s
- Clark County: 1 male 70s
- Coles County: 1 male 70s
- Cook County: 1 female 50s, 1 female 60s, 2 males 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 90s
- Crawford County: 1 female 70s
- DeKalb County: 1 male 80s
- DuPage County: 1 female 50s, 1 male 60s, 1 female 90s
- Edgar County: 1 male 70s
- Fulton County: 1 male 70s
- Henry County: 1 male 60s
- Iroquois County: 1 female 90s
- Kane County: 1 female 50s, 1 female 60s
- LaSalle County; 1 male 60s
- Macoupin County: 1 male 60s
- Madison County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 male 80s
- Marion County: 1 male 70s
- McHenry County: 1 male 70s
- McLean County: 1 female 70s
- Montgomery County: 1 male 80s
- Peoria County: 1 female 70s
- Randolph County: 1 male 70s
- Rock Island County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s
- Saline County: 1 male 60s
- Sangamon County: 1 female 90s
- Washington County: 1 male 60s
- Whiteside County: 1 male 70s
- Will County: 1 male 40s, 1 male 80s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,191,520 cases, including 20,626 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 80,854 specimens for a total of 18,315,522. As of last night, 1,260 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 275 patients were in the ICU and 138 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from Feb. 24 to March 2 is 2.4%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Feb. 24 to March 2 is 2.9%.
The seven-day rolling rate for Kane-DuPage Region 8 is up a bit, to 3.6%.
A total of doses of 3,392,925 vaccine have been delivered to providers in Illinois, including Chicago. In addition, approximately 443,700 doses total have been allocated to the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities. This brings the total Illinois doses to 3,836,625.
A total of 2,900,341 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight, including 328,795 for long-term care facilities. The 7-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 84,202 doses. Yesterday, 82,449 doses were administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for deaths previously reported has changed, therefore, today’s numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.
State Partners With Cook, DuPage, Lake Counties
Vaccination Information Resources
- Click this link to the state of Illinois Vaccination Locations Page.
- Click this link for the Vaccine Appointments page on the Kane County Health Department website.
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us