COVID-19 ILLINOIS: 1,761 New Cases, Just 5 Deaths Reported Statewide Monday; 5% Test Positivity in Region 8
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the IDPH COVID-19 vaccine allotments page.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
3:25PM MONDAY, MARCH 29
1,761 New Cases, Just 5 Deaths Reported Statewide Monday; 5% Test Positivity in Region 8
The total number of new cases and deaths statewide are lower today and the vaccination totals have grown substantially, but the test positivity rates for Kane-DuPage Region 8 has reached 5% and the statewide test positivity rate has risen a full percentage point in the past week.
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 1,761 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including five additional deaths.
The deaths, as reported by county, gender and age group are as follows:
- Cook County: 1 male 80s
- DuPage County: 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s
- Peoria County: 1 male 80s
- Whiteside County: 1 female 80s
IDPH is reporting a total of 1,239,589 cases, including 21,256 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 49,449 specimens for a total of 20,183,744.
As of last night, 1,352 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 280 patients were in the ICU and 128 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
Because these hospitalization metrics continue to trend upward, the state has not yet met the conditions to move to the Bridge Phase. However, the state is close to meeting the vaccination threshold: 69% of seniors 65 and older have now been vaccinated.
Health officials continue to urge all residents to mask up, socially distance and wash hands frequently to reduce transmission and bring the metrics back in line to transition to the Bridge Phase.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from March 22-28 is 3.3%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from March 22-28 is 3.8%.
A total of doses of 6,277,895 vaccine have been delivered to providers in Illinois, including Chicago. In addition, approximately 414,900 doses total have been allocated to the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities. This brings the total Illinois doses to 6,692,795.
A total of 5,577,614 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight, including 367,430 for long-term care facilities. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 103,769 doses. Yesterday, 49,192 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kane Vax Hub Open For All Illinoisans
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Need more local help finding vaccine options? Call 2-1-1!