The Kane County Health Department today suggested three options for residents age 65 and older to get a COVID-19 vaccination shot.
“Fighting the COVID-19 pandemic has been hard on everyone — especially older adults,” health officials said in a news release. “Effective vaccines have been developed and are being distributed (by hospitals, health clinics, pharmacies and the Health Department) to protect the public from the virus.”
The Health Department suggests that seniors:
- Stay in contact with your primary care physician and seek his or her guidance regarding your vaccinations.
- Create an account with local pharmacies, such as Walgreens, Jewel/Osco, CVS and/or Walmart. Click this link to the Kane County Health Department’s COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments page.
- Register your interest in the COVID-19 vaccine with the Kane County Health Department. Click this link to fill out a Vaccine Information Request.
Health officials stress that entering your contact information through this link does not reserve a spot for receiving the vaccine.
“As the vaccine becomes more widely accessible, it will be provided through different locations (employers, physician offices, pharmacies,” health officials said. “We will do our best to provide you with the most current updates.”
Technology Help For Seniors
The organizations listed below have agreed to help area seniors with technology issues.
If you do not have access to a computer or do not have an email address, call:
- Seniors Services Associates: 630-897-4035 (Aurora), or 847-741-0404 (Elgin).
- AgeGuide Northeastern Illinois: 630-293-5990
- Association for Individual Development (AID): 630-966-9393
- Aurora Public Library District: 630-264-4117
- Aurora Township: 630-897-8777 Ext. 1178
- Batavia RSVP: 630-406-9993
- Family Focus: 331-256-5980
- Fox Valley Community Services: 815-786-9404
- Gail Borden Public Library District: 847-742-2411
- Geneva Public Library District: 630-232-0780
- Hampshire Township: 847-683-9464
- Kane Senior Council: 630-338-0999
- Retina Health Institute – Dr Rashmi Kapur: 847-488-1030
- St. Charles Public Library: 630-584-0076
- Two Rivers Head Start Agency: 630-264-1444
For More Information
- Kane County Health Department — www.KaneHealth.com
- KCHD COVID-19 Information
- KDHD Vaccine Information
- Latest Kane County News Alerts
- Kane County Health Department 24-hour phone: 630-208-3801. Non-emergency calls received after working hours will be answered the next business day.
SOURCE: Kane County Health Department news release