One of the major education accomplishments of the past few decades that doesn’t get a lot of fanfare is the outstanding career training going on every day in schools throughout Kane County, where teachers are preparing students to join the workforce, start their own businesses and build satisfying careers.
That’s why the Kane County Regional Office of Education, in partnership with the nine school districts in the county, is continuing to celebrate “CTE Month,” a recognition of career and technical education that teaches students valuable trades to help prepare them for real-world jobs.
Click on the video below learn more about student success stories in the categories of finance, business services, and IT.
Click to Watch the Video!
Watch for a new video every Monday in February!
- Introduction: Kane ROE Emphasizes Importance of Career And Technical Education
- Week 1 (Feb. 1): Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources and Culinary Programs – Watch Here!
- Week 2 (Feb. 8): Finance. Business and Information Technology
- Week 3 (Feb. 15): Health Sciences, Human Services, Law/Public Safety, Education
- Week 4 (Feb. 22): STEM, Manufacturing, Transportation, Trades & Counselors
For more information on CTE Month, visit https://www.acteonline.org/why-cte/cte-awareness/cte-month/
*Any photos without masks were taken pre-pandemic. The Kane County Regional Office of Education and its School Districts are committed to practicing social distancing measures.*