- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
3PM THURSDAY, FEB. 25
104 New Cases; 2 Additional Deaths; About 35% of 65+ Group Vaccinated
Kane County had its best day ever administering the COVID-19 vaccine yesterday, when it recorded 5,312 vaccinations in a single day.
Those numbers bring Kane County’s vaccination count to 79,687.
According to the Illinois Department of Public Health’s Jurisdiction-Specific Age Demographics chart on its COVID-19 Vaccine Administration Data page, about 35.34% of Kane County’s 65-and-over age group have received at least one vaccination. The same chart shows that 10.06% of the county’s 16-to-64 age group has received the vaccine.
State health officials announced today that they would allow people with serious medical conditions to get vaccinated under a new Phase 1B+.
In a statement to the Chicago Tribune, Kane County Health Department interim Director Kathy Fosser said county health providers are likely to phase in newly eligible residents as more vaccine becomes available. Kane County hospitals and health clinics continue to receive and administer the majority Phase 1B vaccine supply that is channeled through the Health Department.
“Some of our providers will continue to focus on 65+ years of age patients while others are better positioned to include those patients with medical conditions,” Fosser told the Tribune.
Meanwhile, Kane County recorded 104 new cases and two additional deaths, bringing the totals to 50,439 cases and 711 deaths related to the virus.
The two additional deaths were a man in his 60s and a man in his 80s, according to an Illinois Department of Public Health news release.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate fell to 4.0%.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Click this link to the state of Illinois Vaccination Locations Page.
- Click this link for the Vaccine Appointments page on the Kane County Health Department website.
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us