COVID-19 KANE COUNTY: 57 New Cases, No Deaths; Vaccination Totals 59,578 — But Vaccine Supply Still Low
- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
4PM TUESDAY, FEB. 16
57 New Cases, No Deaths; Vaccination Totals 59,578
Kane County’s COVID-19 numbers continue to trend in the right direction, as the Illinois Department of Public Health today reports 57 new cases and no additional deaths in Kane County.
Those numbers bring Kane County’s totals to 49,726 cases and 700 deaths since data on the pandemic has been recorded.
The county’s seven-day test positivity rate is at 4.6%, the same as the previous day’s rolling rate. Kane County’s test positivity rate is as low as it has been in months, but still remains higher than neighboring DuPage County, which recorded an uptick to 4.2%. The statewide seven-day test positivity rate from Feb. 9-15 is down to 3.4%.
Kane County presently is recording 59,578 vaccine doses administered, according to IDPH data.
While almost 60,000 doses have been administered, the vaccines require two doses for someone to be “fully vaccinated,” under IDPH guidelines. Only about 2.43% of Kane County’s 534,216 population has been fully vaccinated, according to the IDPH.
State and local health officials continue to emphasize that vaccine supply remains low. While local pharmacies are authorized to administer vaccinations to people in Phase 1B — including frontline workers and people age 65 and old — appointment availability at pharmacies remains low, as well.
State: Local Health Departments Will Get More Vaccine For 2nd Doses
- Click this link to the state of Illinois Vaccination Locations Page.
- Click this link for the Vaccine Appointments page on the Kane County Health Department website.
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us