- Click this link for COVID-19 information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
3:30PM SUNDAY, FEB. 28
151 New Cases; 3 Additional Deaths; 43% of 65+ Have Been Vaccinated
Kane County recorded just 151 new cases, but sadly, there were three additional COVID-19 deaths over the weekend.
That brings the countywide total of positive cases to 50,746 and the death toll to 717 since the first Kane County cases were reported almost a year ago.
Kane County’s test positivity rate dropped to 3.7%.
Vaccination totals in Kane County took another big jump, with 6,107 added over the weekend, for a total of 90,061.
More than 43% of Kane County residents age 65 and older have been vaccinated, according to data posted on the Illinois Department of Public Health website.
4PM FRIDAY, FEB. 26
156 New Cases; 3 Additional Deaths; 83,954 Vaccine Doses Administered
Kane County recorded 156 new cases and three deaths related to the coronavirus disease, according to data posted on the coronavirus.illinois.gov and Illinois Department of Public Health websites.
The Kane County totals to date are 50,595 positive cases and 714 deaths.
The only Kane County death reported in today’s news release from the IDPH was a man in his 80s. The news release notes that “all data are provisional and will change.”
IDPH indicates Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate for the period from from Feb. 19 to Feb. 25 has dropped to 3.9%.
The number of administered doses of COVID-19 vaccine took another healthy jump today, in data posted on the IDPH website. Kane County is now recording 83,954 doses administered, an increase of 4,267 from the previous day’s total.
According to the IDPH, about 38.92% of Kane County residents age 65 and over have received a vaccination.
KCHD: 3 Steps Seniors Should Take To Get Vaccinated
Vaccination Information Resources
- Click this link to the state of Illinois Vaccination Locations Page.
- Click this link for the Vaccine Appointments page on the Kane County Health Department website.
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us